The world’s largest festival of light, music and ideas, Vivid Sydney, is in full swing and romantics are making the most of the loved-up atmosphere including retired Sydney Swans player Jude Bolton and his wife, popular media personality Lynette Carroll-Bolton, who have created their own Vivid Sydney date night trail featuring their festival highlights.
Jude and Lynette shared an illuminated cocktail and seafood platter at Opera Bar while taking in the stunning projections on the Sydney Opera House sails, before strolling along the Light Walk to see some of Vivid Sydney’s most romantic installations.
Lynette said: “We love heading into Vivid Sydney every year. Each year the lights get even more and more spectacular! Now that we have two little ones we have to make specific plans for date night and walking around Vivid is the perfect way to spend the night.”
Minister for Trade, Tourism and Major Events, Stuart Ayres, said: “It’s great to see people out and about enjoying their unique version of Vivid Sydney, including couples like Jude and Lynette, who are inspiring others to enjoy a Vivid Sydney date through their own Vivid Trail.”
“Vivid Sydney attracted more than 1.43 million attendees in 2014. With visitors coming to Sydney from right across the world for the event again this year, there’s no doubt our city will hold a special place in even more couples’ hearts.”
Sandra Chipchase, Chief Executive Officer of Destination NSW, which owns and manages Vivid Sydney, said: “People both young and old have professed their love against the backdrop of Vivid Sydney’s colourful canvas. This year will be no different with loving installations such as Heart of the City, which pulses with the rhythm of your heartbeat, and Clouds, which features 100 floating orbs, among the attractions perfect for enjoying on a romantic evening stroll.”
“The Vivid Sydney app, which can be downloaded for free now from iTunes and Google Play, can help you design your own perfect date night, or lead you along the itinerary curated by our star couple Jude Bolton and Lynette Carroll-Bolton,” she said.
Jude and Lynette’s top Vivid Sydney date night tips, which you can find on their Vivid Trail, include:
- Sydney Opera House: Start your date night with an illuminated Vivid cocktail and a fresh seafood tasting plate overlooking Sydney Harbour, the Sydney Harbour Bridge and the CBD at Opera Bar.
- Heart of the City: Start the Vivid Light Walk with Heart of the City where the installation pulses according to the rhythm of your heartbeat. Sit side by side with your sweetheart and share what’s in your heart.
- Cloud: Continue your Vivid Light Walk around Circular Quay being sure to hold hands as you walk under Cloud, an array of 100 orbs hanging overhead creating stunning and memorable effects.
- Enchanted Sydney: Pause for a while outside beautiful Customs House in Circular Quay and soak up Enchanted Sydney, where free-flowing images of Sydney’s flora and fauna are projected onto the façade of this iconic building.
- Affinity: Affinity is a representation of the human brain, where light and sound connect people using hundreds of intersecting neurons. Be connected to your significant other in a unique way with each new interaction creating dazzling light displays as the brain changes its physical structure into more dynamic pathways.
- Threads: Create a new connection with your beau at Threads, an interactive installation inviting visitors to use two tablets and draw a line, with threads of light and sound created to signify the connection and relationship between one another.
- You Are Here: Create the perfect long lasting memory and snap yourselves together at the You Are Here arrow, with the Sydney Opera House as the perfect backdrop.
- Vivid Sydney GameZone at Pyrmont & The Star: Walk through the spectacle of Pyrmont’s Harbourside precinct and try out a range of interactive games together. When you’re done, indulge at BLACK by ezard at The Star for an irresistible Vivid dessert tasting platter with matching dessert wines.
Vivid Sydney is owned and managed by the NSW Government’s tourism and major events agency, Destination NSW. The largest event of its kind in the world, Vivid Sydney runs until Monday 8 June. For more information on Vivid Sydney, including Vivid Trails, visit www.vividsydney.com.
Media Release: Vivid Sydney