ABC and ABC News 24 reached 4 million viewers in metro and regional markets across its New Year’s Eve 2014 coverage from 8:30pm last night, up from 3.7 million last year.
In Sydney, more than 1 in 4 tuned into ABC TV during the coverage.
- The combined metro and regional audience for ABC TV’s New Year’s Eve: Welcome (20:30-20:55) was 782,000 on ABC.
- The combined metro and regional audience for ABC TV’s New Year’s Eve: 9pm Family Fireworks (20:55-21:10) was 1.4 million on ABC and ABC News 24.
- The combined metro and regional audience for ABC TV’s New Year’s Eve: Party (21:10-23:55) was 1 million on ABC.
- The combined metro and regional audience for ABC TV’s New Year’s Eve: Midnight Fireworks (23:55-00:22) was 2 million on ABC and ABC News 24.
- Last night, ABC was the leading channel in the metro markets with a 5 city prime-time share of 19.7%.
- ABC TV’s New Year’s Eve: Midnight Fireworks was the No.1 program of the night with a 5 city audience of 1.4 million followed by the 9pm Family Fireworks with an audience of 1 million.
- In Sydney, ABC also achieved a share of 27.9%.
Justin Holdforth, ABC Head of Sport and Events says: “The Sydney New Year’s Eve fireworks are an iconic and much loved event. I’m delighted that the ABC was again able to deliver a spectacular night of family entertainment to audiences across Australia”.
Top 10 programs – 5 City Metro
|1||New Year’s Eve: Midnight Fireworks||ABC||1,372,000||53.2|
|2||New Year’s Eve: Family Fireworks||ABC||1,007,000||29.4|
|4||Nine News 6:30||9||834,000||25.8|
|5||New Year’s Eve: Party||ABC||768,000||26.8|
|7||A Current Affair||9||636,000||19.5|
|8||Seven News/Today Tonight||7||604,000||18.7|
|9||New Year’s Eve: Welcome||ABC||567,000||17.9|
Source: OzTAM & RegionalTAM overnight data. Reach is based on 5 minutes consecutive viewing.