- Organiser: City Of Sydney
- Event Creative Director: Imagination Australia
- Fireworks Provider: Foti International Fireworks
- ‘Calling Country’ Creative Director: Rhoda Roberts
- Radio Broadcaster: KIIS 1065
- Television/Internet Broadcaster: Australian Broadcasting Corporation
- Television/Internet Broadcast Host: Charlie Pickering
The amount of fireworks on each barge this year has increased so much that the barges have increased in size. They are now 15 metres by 18 metres in size.
A synchronised light show on the Ferris Wheel of Luna Park Sydney featured as part of the event for the 1st time during the 9pm Family and Midnight Fireworks & Calling Country.
A camera angle from Fort Denison was used for the 1st time since Sydney NYE1997 – Masquerade.
During the Pre-Show Entertainment, a thunderstorm rolled into Sydney, which disrupted train services and resulted in the cancellation of the 7:30pm Indigenous Smoking Ceremony and Welcome To Country & the 8pm aerial display, both of which were part of the Pre-Show Entertainment.
9pm Family Fireworks – Colour Burst & Calling Country
- Consider Yourselves Undermined – Michael Giacchino
- Dancing On Glass – St. Lucia
- Regular Touch – Vera Blue
- Not About You – Glades
- Don’t Take The Money – Bleachers
- What About Us – P!NK
- Run To Paradise – The Choirboys
- Peach – Broods
- Youngblood – 5 Seconds Of Summer
- Better – Screaming Jets
- Water Flows – Eric Avery
The Night Is Yours Concert
Huh, why is this here? As in 2017, the lighting display on the Sydney Harbour Bridge was synchronized to nearly all the music of the Concert. Also, more notably, the Concert was synchonized with the Sydney Harbour Bridge Pylon Projections at 11pm as part of the Great Southern Land Moment, which you can watch below.
Most songs that featured in this concert were nominated by the Australian public. Each Australian could nominate 3 songs. All covers are also performed by The Night Is Yours band, which included The Wolfgramm Sisters as vocalists.
- Don’t Stop Me Now (Casey Donovan cover) – Queen
- Howzat (Daryl Braithwaite cover) – Sherbet
- My Island Home (Christine Anu cover) – Warnumpi Band
- Friday On My Mind (Isabella Manfredi cover) – The Easybeats
- Can’t Get You Out Of My Head (Kimbra cover) – Kylie Minogue
- Everyone Wants To Rule The World (Kimbra cover) – Tears For Fears
- (I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction (Ross Wilson cover) – The Rolling Stones
- Eagle Rock (Ross Wilson cover) – Daddy Cool
- Happy (Kaiit cover) – Pharrell Williams
- Groove Is In The Heart (cover) – Deee-Lite
- Proud Mary (G Flip cover) – Creedence Clearwater Revival
- Blame It On The Boogie (G Flip cover) – Mick Jackson
- Marryuna – Baker Boy featuring Yirrmul
- Mr La Di Da Di – Baker Boy
- Am I Ever Gonna See Your Face Again? (Isabella Manfredi cover) – The Angels
- The Power & The Passion (Isabella Manfredi cover) – Midnight Oil
- Young Hearts Run Free (Casey Donovan cover) – Candi Staton
- You’re The Voice (Casey Donovan cover) – John Farnham
- I Need You Tonight (Client Liaison cover) – INXS
- World Of Our Love – Client Liaison
- Great Southern Land Moment (see below)
- Think (Casey Donovan cover) – Aretha Franklin
- (You Make Feel Like) A Natural Woman (Casey Donovan & Christine Anu cover) – Aretha Franklin
- Respect (Christine Anu cover) – Aretha Franklin
- 15 Minutes – Tim Minchin And Band
- Never Tear Us Apart (Tim Minchin And Band cover) – INXS
- Better Be Home Soon (Tim Minchin And Band & Ben Folds cover) – Crowded House
- Video Killed The Radio Star (Ben Folds cover) – The Buggles
- You Don’t Know Me – Ben Folds
- Steven’s Last Night In Town (Ben Folds cover) – Ben Folds 5
- I Still Call Australia Home (Ben Folds cover) – Peter Allen
- The Horses (Daryl Braithwaite cover) – Rickie Lee Jones
- Midnight Fireworks – The Pulse Of Sydney (see below)
- Auld Lang Syne (The Night Is Yours cover) – Robert Burns
Great Southern Land Moment
Midnight Fireworks – The Pulse Of Sydney
The lights on the Harbour Of Light Parade were for the 1st time ever synchronised to the Midnight Fireworks soundtrack.
- Lift Off – Michael Giacchino
- The Man – The Killers
- Out The Window – Confidence Man
- Midnight Summers Jam – Justin Timberlake
- All The Stars – Kendrick Lamar & SZA
- Fools Gold – Jack River
- (Baby) I’ve Got You On My Mind – Powderfinger
- Lit Up – The Bamboos
- Lay Down – Touch Sensitive
- Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! (A Man After Midnight) (Cher cover) – ABBA
- Love Like Waves – Friendly Fires
- (You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman – Aretha Franklin
- Do What You Want – The Presets
- Sabotage – Beastie Boys
- On My Knees – Middle Kids
- I Said Hi – Amy Shark – The iconic golden waterfall effect was supposed to drop at the start of this song but nearly all of it failed to fire. It is the 1st time the golden waterfall effect has failed to fire since the 1st one in 1986.
- Fight For Freedom – X-Ray Dog
The projections on the Sydney Harbour Bridge Pylons at the end of the Midnight Fireworks had an error in it. Instead of saying ‘Happy New Year 2019!’, it said ‘Happy New Year 2018!’. This was noticed by lots of spectators & the error subsequently got photographed by spectators, which were posted on social media so many times to the point that it began to appear in mainstream media.
Train services, at this point, in the night had still not been resolved, leading to long delays especially with the large crowds leaving the event. This shouldn’t happen. The same problem occurred during Sydney NYE1993, shortly after Sydney was awarded the hosting rights for The Games Of The XXVIIth Olympiad – 2000. Subsequent NYE’s were held larger as a ‘test event’ for this event and later, the Millennium. The train system during events was subsequently improved between 1994 & 2000. Clearly, the train system has declined since 2000.