- Ford accelerates its’ Australian transformation with the Mustang to be featured at Sydney New Year’s Eve 2014 – ‘Inspire‘ after the City Of Sydney names Ford an associate partner for the event
- After scaling the Empire State Building and Burj Khalifa, the world’s tallest skyscraper in Dubai, the all-new Ford Mustang will now take centre stage at the world’s most spectacular New Year’s Eve event in Sydney, hosting the event’s 1st-ever soundtrack for the crowd
- Ford also plans a surprise Ford Mustang appearance at the event, capping a year of iconic moments around the world
- Ford is accelerating its’ Australian transformation by introducing a wave of new products in 2015, highlighted by the all-new Mondeo, Everest and iconic Mustang
- Aussies can enter for a chance to win tickets at an exclusive area for fireworks and entertainment courtesy of Ford
Ford Motor Company, marking the company’s Australian transformation and wave of stylish, innovative new products, will place its’ globally iconic Mustang centre stage at the world’s most spectacular New Year’s Eve event to punctuate a history-making year for the ‘Blue Oval’.
The City Of Sydney today announced Ford as an associate partner for this year’s Sydney New Year’s Eve. This completes a history-making year in which the Ford Mustang sat atop the Empire State Building in April – re-creating the original Mustang’s debut 50 years ago – and scaled the Burj Khalifa, the world’s current tallest building in November.
To enhance the day-long event, Ford will bring music entertainment for the 1st time ever to the crowds at key Sydney Harbour vantage points. And, the Mustang will make a surprise appearance to cap a big year.
“We are sending a message that Ford has an exciting future in Australia with a great line-up of new vehicles, including the re-introduction of the Mustang, which is going global after 50 years as America’s greatest motoring icon,” said Bob Graziano, Ford of Australia President and CEO.
“We could not take the all-new Mustang any higher, so now we will give the world a view never seen from a car of Sydney’s spectacular New Year’s Eve fireworks.”
Scheduled to officially join the brand’s Australian line-up in late 2015, the Ford Mustang will be displayed to the public for the 1st time on 31 December as part of Sydney New Year’s Eve 2014 – ‘Inspire‘, which will be attended by 1.6 million people and viewed by more than a billion globally.
Taking pride of place at a Mustang concert stage harbour-side, this marks the 1st time a car has been this close to the Sydney Harbour Bridge for display purposes, which offers views of the evening’s fireworks, including incredible placement for the Midnight Fireworks display’s ‘waterfall’ pyrotechnics.
Ford is introducing a wave of new products that will accelerate next year as the company plans to refresh its’ entire line-up by 2017. In addition to the new Mustang, the new vehicles include:
- 2015 Ford Mondeo: The all-new, stylish and technologically advanced Mondeo mid-size sedan arrives early in 2015. The new Mondeo will feature at least 10 advanced models not available on the Camry, including a diesel model that will be more fuel efficient than Camry Hybrid.
- 2015 Ford Kuga: The newly launched Ford Kuga will be freshened in early 2015 with new EcoBoost technology available, including the 2L EcoBoost engine on high series which offers more power than Toyota’s RAV-4.
- 2015 Ford Focus: A freshened version of the popular car nameplate arrives in the middle of the year and will include a refreshed performance model of the Focus ST.
- All-New Ford Everest: The Australian designed and engineered Everest is a technologically advanced, stunningly capable and refined 7-seat SUV that will be launched in 2015.
- 2015 Ford Ranger: A freshened version of the tough, capable and Australian-created Ranger will arrive in 2015 to build on its’ momentum after cutting Toyota Hilux’s sales lead by 38% since 2011.
“The theme for Sydney New Year’s Eve 2014 is ‘Inspire’, which is a perfect fit for the future of our brand – especially with the arrival of the Mustang as people see the car as a way to explore their dreams and the freedom of the open road,” said Graziano.
“Sydney is one of the 1st major cities to ring in the New Year so we want to help the City make the event even more memorable.”
Ford will bring the soundtrack for the evening to life, hosting a number of Aussie music favourites and broadcasting music to tens of thousands of people around Sydney Harbour.
“People show up early and wait all day for the fireworks displays,” said Graziano. “We are bringing the 1st-ever soundtrack to help people enjoy the day even more. It’s also a chance to celebrate Ford’s exciting future in Australia with a great line-up of new vehicles, including the re-introduction of the Mustang, which is going global after 50 years as America’s greatest motoring icon.” said Graziano.
Ford is also giving Aussies the chance to enter to win tickets to the exclusive event. From 11 December 2014, fans are invited to head to the Ford Australia Facebook page (www.facebook.com/FordAustralia) and share their most adventurous New Year’s resolutions by uploading a photo on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter using the hashtag #FordNYE to win.
3 winners will receive flights, accommodation, and exclusive tickets for themselves and 3 friends at the coveted location, one of the best vantage spots to watch Sydney New Year’s Eve 2014 – ‘Inspire’. In addition, 1 grand prize winner will also win the chance to help make his or her adventurous resolution come true. Entries close December 18 2014.
Australians are also encouraged to follow all the action from the evening by following #FordNYE and #SydNYE.
Global Icon Joins Australian Family
The all-new Ford Mustang is the most advanced version yet of the iconic pony car, offering more advanced driver-assist technology than any other car in its’ class. The sleek new design of the Mustang, fastback and convertible, is backed up by world-class performance from a range of available engines, including a new turbocharged EcoBoost® 2.3-litre and an upgraded 5.0-litre V8 with more than 420 horsepower. In addition to state-of-the-art connectivity systems, Mustang features available track apps, launch control and more.
The Ford Mustang was revealed to the world with a television advertising campaign on the evening of April 16, 1964, before being shown to the public at the New York World’s Fair the next day. The car officially went on sale that day, and Ford dealers accumulated a record 22,000 sales and orders that 1st day on the way to more than 418,000 sales in the 1st year and 1 million sales in less than 2 years. In the past 5 decades, more than 9 million Mustangs have been sold.
About Ford Motor Company
Ford Motor Company, a global automotive industry leader based in Dearborn, Michigan, manufactures or distributes automobiles across 6 continents. With about 189,000 employees and 65 plants worldwide, the company’s automotive brands include Ford and Lincoln. The company provides financial services through Ford Motor Credit Company. For more information regarding Ford and its’ products worldwide, please visit corporate.ford.com.
 Terms and conditions apply.
 Entrants who enter using Instagram also need to tag @FordAustralia to be eligible to win. See the terms and conditions.